Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back to the Future the Second Part 1

Back to the Future the Second
Friday June 11, 2004

[We see a bedroom with a TV that turns on at 8:00 AM.]

News Anchor: Good morning everyone, this is the 8:00 portion of the FOX 8 Morning News Show and if you’re not at work, then you’re late!

Recording: Late, Late, you’re all so late! Late, Late, Late, Late, Late, Late, Late, Laaaaaaaaaaaaaate!

[Dillon wakes up.]

Dillon: Oh no! I’m late again.

[Dillon runs out the door, gets in his truck, and arrives at Tannen Business Solutions on Wendover Ave.]

Dillon: If I reset the clock here, Biff will never suspect a thing.

[Dillon resets the clock to 7:45 AM and You Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer comes on.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

[Dillon turns the alarm off.]

Dillon: Whew.

[We see Dillon in his cubicle.]

Dillon: This office has too much security. Even the security cameras have security cameras.

[Dillon’s friend Alex walks up.]

Alex: Late again?

Dillon: Yeah.

Alex: Good luck today. Biff has this thing where if you’re late the entire week, you get the axe.

Dillon: Let’s go into the coffee room.

[We see Dillon and Alex eating donuts in the coffee room. Dillon is typing the monthly report on his laptop.]

Dillon: Well Alex, 30 minutes into the day and no prank from Philip.

[Dillon bites a donut and gags.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

[Philip walks in.]

Philip: Like my Texas Style Donut?

[Philip shows them a bottle of Texas Pete Hot Sauce.]

Dillon (With Raspy Voice): Alex, get me some water.

Philip: I’ll get it Alex.

[Philip hands Dillon a fishbowl and Dillon drinks it.]

Dillon: This is fish water! Anecdote!

[Philip gives Dillon Texas Pete Hot Sauce and Dillon drinks it.]

Dillon (With Raspy Voice): Texas Pete again?

Alex: Drink this.

[Alex gives Dillon a Coke and Dillon drinks it.]

Dillon: Thanks.

[It’s 9:30 when we see Dillon in his cubicle on his laptop.]

Dillon: I’m not one who should be fired, Philip is. Too much Texas Pete will burn off your taste buds.

[The phone rings.]

Dillon: Hello?

Billy: Is this Dillon?

Dillon: Yes.

Billy: Good. Could you meet me tonight?

Dillon: Why, dinner?

Billy: No. Meet me tonight at the abandoned Carolina Circle Mall at 12:30.

Dillon: 12:30 in the morning?

Billy: Yes, I need you to help me with another roadgeek helper.

Dillon: Oh yes.

Biff (On PA): Jones! Get in my office!

Billy: Uh oh. If he fires you, the NCDOT is looking for someone.

Dillon: Okay.

[We see Dillon in Biff’s office.]

Biff: Here at Tannen Business Solutions, we pride ourselves in worker performance. But you make us look bad! You’ve been late everyday this week.

Dillon: My alarm clock broke.

Biff: I’ve heard that everyday this week. You’re fired! Do like your friend told you and go to the NCDOT!

Dillon: Jiminy crickets! How did you know?

Biff: I tapped into your phone line.

[Dillon walks away.]

Biff: As further punishment for him, I’ll fix his friend.

[Biff calls someone.]

Biff: Hello? Is this the Greensboro Arab Society? Know that snow that was stolen from your headquarters? This guy named Billy Coore stole it. He’ll be at Carolina Circle Mall at 12:30 tonight.

Arab: We’ll be about 15 minutes late, but we’ll kill that dirty American. Thank you for the information sir. We’ll be sure to send you a lovely gift basket.

[We see Dillon in his truck pulling into McDonald’s.]

Michael: Dillon! Over here!

Dillon: Hey Michael!

[Dillon gets out of his truck and walks over to Michael.]

Michael: I thought you were at work.

Dillon: I got off, permanently.

Michael: Fired?

Dillon: Yeah.

Michael: Biff Tannen is nothing but an evil boss. Since that office opened in 2000, he’s fired 214 people. You must be 215.

Dillon: Yeah.

Michael: If he were here right now, I would fix him good.

[Biff walks out of McDonald’s.]

Biff: What did you say Nick?

Michael: I would fix him a great big pie.

Biff: I love pie! Fix me a pie, or you’ll hurt!

Michael: Ok.

Biff: Enjoy your quarter pound of beef.

[Biff walks away.]

Biff: Time to get my digital camera ready to take a picture of the corpse of Billy.

Dillon: I wish I had my own store.

Michael: Don’t count on it. If it were possible, I would have a big cheese outlet.

Dillon: Cheese?

Michael: Cheese, Cheese, Cheese is my life! Life is a big cheese! Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese is my life! Cheddar, feta, Velveeta, blue cheese, and Swiss cheese are my life!

Dillon: One more song and this movie will turn into a musical.

[We see Dillon and Michael walking into Edward Computer Outlet.]

Michael: You see David; people like Biff shouldn’t own a company that size.

Dillon: But how did he buy it?

Michael: Nobody knows.

[Dramatic music plays.]

Dillon: I hope they have a new Elvis computer game.

Michael: They came out with this new CD-rom called “Elvis Eats Cheese”!

Dillon: “Elvis Eats Cheese”?

Michael: The slogan is: “An All Shook Up Cheese Milkshake race to catch the evil cheese alien who wants to destroy the earth’s supply of cheese.

[They walk up to a clerk named Lester Higgins.]

Lester: Hey guy’s, we have a special on E-machine computers. It costs only $2,456!

Michael: Do you have “Elvis Eats Cheese”?

Lester: We just sold out. But we have the sequel called “Elton John Eats Cheese”. Or you can buy one of my babies.

Michael: Babies?

Lester: You know, from BellSouth, Verizon, AT&T, and Southern Bell.

Dillon: I’m assuming you like telephones.

Lester: My phones are like sons to me. In the backroom, I have an original payphone from Monk’s Diner at Carolina Circle Mall I used to work at. That’s my baby. I’m trying to get him his driver’s license but North Carolina doesn’t give them to telephones thank you very much Mike Easley. If you want to, I can come over to your house and we can have a little talk and maybe be friends.

Michael: Okay.

Dillon: Let’s go home.

[Dillon and Michael walk out.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Michael: You’ve got to stop saying that. This isn’t a Walt Disney movie.

Dillon: No. It’s the Super Griller! My brother finally decided to sell something high-tech.

[Dillon points to a big grill outside of Chris Jones’ Outdoor City.]

Dillon: If only I had that. We could have a big barbecue! We could throw a few hot dogs on there and eat the juiciest and most tender frankfurters in the world!

Michael: Yeah. Frankfurt, Kentucky, home of the World’s Largest Cheese tourist trap.

[A tow truck tows Dillon’s truck away.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Michael: Hey! I have cheese!

[Michael throws a piece of cheese at the tow truck.]

Dillon: I’ll call Alex to give us a lift.

[It’s 7:00 PM when we see Dillon and Michael walking into Dillon’s house.]

Dillon: This has been a very bad day. How can this day get any worse?

[Michael turns the TV onto SpongeBob SquarePants.]

Dillon: I’m heading to the store tomorrow to buy a zipper for this mouth!

Michael: Don’t worry; I have an emergency DVD with me.

[Michael puts a DVD in Dillon’s DVD player and a documentary comes on.]

Narrator: My name is Ronald Clarkson and for the next 3 hours we will be taking a look at the life cycle of feta cheese.

Michael: I’ve seen this exactly 13,454 times.

Dillon: Is it alright if we go ahead and eat dinner?

Michael: Sure, I’ll fix us some cheese sandwiches.

Dillon: Thanks.

[We see Dillon and Michael eating dinner.]

Dillon: I’m going to conduct a research about different shopping locations across the state. Could you give me some information on a few here in Greensboro?

Michael: Well, there’s Four Seasons Mall. What I like about that mall is it has three stories and it has an amphitheater. What I don’t like about it is the amount of people there and the lack of Bonzi’s Cheese Outlet. Don’t go there on Saturdays or at Christmas.

Dillon: I go there a lot. Give me another one.

Michael: Carolina Circle Mall. Unfortunately, the old CCM is no longer with us and like Four Seasons, it had a lack of Bonzi’s Cheese Outlet. I remember back in the 90’s I would go there and hang out with my friend Jake Hammond. We would go to the Montgomery Ward and play on the lawn mowers.

Dillon: I wish that I could go to that cool mall!

[We see Dillon eating out of a full container of ice cream in his bed watching TV.]

Person on TV: I sure do love my job at Cone Mills.

[Dillon changes the channel.]

News Anchor: More layoffs at the Sara Lee plant in Winston-Salem.

[Dillon changes the channel.]

Lester: I’m in need of a baby sitter for my telephones and they must have not been recently fired.

[Dillon turns the TV off.]

Dillon: Maybe the radio will help. They usually play Elvis around this time.

[Dillon turns on the radio.]

DJ: You’re listening to Oldies 93!

Dillon: Good.

DJ: While you listen at work!

Dillon: Argh!

[Dillon turns it off and the phone rings.]

Dillon: Hello?

Billy: Is this Dillon?

Dillon: Yeah.

Billy: I left my video camera at my house and on the way to Carolina Circle Mall, could you go and pick it up?

Dillon: Sure.

[At 12:30 AM, Dillon arrives at Carolina Circle Mall.]

Dillon: Nice mall. Looks like it’ll collapse at any time.

[Dillon notices Billy’s dog Scout.]

Dillon: Hey Scout.

[Dillon starts petting Scout.]

Dillon: Where’s Billy?

[A strange looking delorean motor car pulls up.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets! I’ve got to call the government. This car is paranormal activity that the government can cover up.

[Billy gets out.]

Billy: Dillon! Did you get fired?

Dillon: Unfortunately yes.

Billy: It’s okay. But now I want to show you this 1981 DeLorean DMC 12.

Dillon: It’s tricked out.

Billy: Very much.

[Billy puts Scout in the delorean.]

Billy: Turn my video camera on. This invention will revolutionize the roadgeek world.

[Billy pulls out a remote.]

Dillon: How would a remote control car revolutionize the roadgeek world?

Billy: This thing means nothing.

Dillon: Oh.

[Billy turns the remote on and it makes the delorean drive.]

Billy: Don’t film me! Film the car!

[The delorean continues driving through the parking lot.]

Billy: When this thing hits 88 mph, you’re going to see some serious stuff.

[The delorean hits 88 mph. and disappears into a flash of light.]

Billy: See? 88 mph!

Dillon: You disintegrated Scout!

Billy: Nope! Scout has traveled into the future! 1 minute to be exact.

Dillon: You mean that that thing was a time machine?

Billy: Yes.

Dillon: How would a time machine revolutionize the roadgeek world?

Billy: Roadgeeks can use a time machine to see how roads were in the past or how they will be in the future.

[Billy’s watch beeps.]

Billy: Look out!

[Billy and Dillon run out of the way and the delorean reappears.]

Billy: He’s back.

[Billy opens the door and Scout runs out.]

Billy: Let me show you how it works.

[Billy hits a switch behind the gearshift and the computer monitor on the dashboard lights up.]

Billy: As you can see, there are 3 options. The first one is “Time Travel”, the second one is the satellite television, and the third one is the hands free cell phone. To get to any of these, just tap your finger on the selection.

[Billy presses the time travel button.]

Billy: You input your destination time on this keypad. Let's say you want to witness the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

[Billy inputs July 4, 1776 8:00 AM.]

Billy: Or witness the Wright Brothers fly the first airplane in Kitty Hawk.

[Billy inputs December 17, 1903.]

Billy: Here's a red-letter date in the history of odology, July 9, 1994 12:00 PM.

[Billy inputs July 9, 1994 12:00 PM.]

Billy: Of course. July 9, 1994!

Dillon: What happened?

Billy: That was the day I invented time travel. I was standing on top of the counter hanging a picture when I slipped and hit my head on the counter. That was when I had a vision. This is what makes time travel possible, the flux-capacitor.

Dillon: Wow this is amazing. Does it run on unleaded gasoline?

Billy: Yes and no. The regular engine runs on gas like any other car. But to travel through time you need something else. Snow!

Dillon: Are you telling me that this sucker is a freezer?

Billy: No this sucker’s electrical. But I needed a frozen substance to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Dillon: It just doesn’t snow all the time. Where did you get it?

Billy: I collected it off of Interstate 40 this winter.

Dillon: That’s a roadgeek for you.

Billy: Time to use a human. Let’s reload!

[Billy walks over to the delorean.]

Billy: Interstate 40 is 2,554 miles.

Voice: Access granted.

[The trunk in the front opens.]

Billy: Special security feature.

[Billy pulls out a Zip Lock bag full of snow but leaves the briefcase outside.]

Billy: Okay.

[Billy opens the snow chamber, pours the snow into the chamber, and closes it.]

Dillon: Where are you going?

Billy: A place where I want to see a completed Painter Blvd.

Dillon: This thing can go to places that don’t exist?

Billy: It’ll be finished. I’m going to the year 2024. 20 years into the future.

Dillon: Cool.

Billy: Oh yeah, also a week after I discovered time travel, a thunderstorm hit and lightning struck this mall. It didn’t cause any damage, just startled a few people. I saved a newspaper.

[Billy hands Dillon a newspaper.]

Dillon: Wowa!

[We see Biff and Reddy on the other side of Ring Road.]

Biff: You must have been wondering where I’ve been this whole time. I hope those Arabs get here soon.

Reddy: Yeah. But it breaks my heart to see someone die.

Biff: Do you want some deranged road nerd pestering you?

Reddy: No.

Biff: Then shut up Reddy!

[The Arabs drive up in a red van.]

Biff: They’re here!

[Biff squeals.]

Biff: Goodie, Goodie, Goodie! Where’s my camera?

Billy: Arabs!

Dillon: How did you know?

Billy: The van says “Greensboro Arab Society”. Run for it Dillon!

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Arab: Billy Coore you bag of American garbage! You stole our snow! For that, you die!

Billy: Don’t shoot! I haven’t used those Burger King coupons yet!

Dillon: Billy didn’t steel your snow.

Arab: Bye, bye!

[The Arab shoots Billy and Billy dies.]

Dillon: No! @#$%^&*!

[The Arab points his gun at Dillon.]

Dillon: Uh oh!

[David prepares to die but notices the delorean. He jumps in and the chase begins. Bye Bye Bye (Track 2) by N’Sync plays.]

Arab: Go!

[Shots are fired at the delorean but it continues to go. Dillon accidentally bumps the time circuit switch and the time circuits turn on.]

Dillon: Ah! Soccer field!

[The delorean hits 88 mph. and the delorean disappears into 1994.]

Saturday July 9, 1994

[The delorean reappears and the soccer field disappears.]

Dillon: Why is the sun out and why are all these cars here?

[Dillon parks the delorean.]

Dillon: I don’t know what happened but I’m heading back to reality.

[The delorean stalls.]

Dillon: Oh no!

[David tries to turn the key but it won’t start. A dialog box comes up on the monitor saying “Fusion Empty”.]

Dillon: Maybe this mall that mysteriously reopened in a 5 minute period has something that can help.

[Dillon walks into the mall. Camelot Music is playing Can’t Help Falling in Love (Track 3) by UB40.]

Dillon: I thought Montgomery Ward went out of business nationwide.

[Someone throws a newspaper into the garbage can and Dillon reads the date “Saturday, July 9, 1994”.]

Dillon: 1994?

[Dillon walks to the food court and goes into Monk’s Diner. Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins is playing on the jukebox.]

Lester: Hey! Are you going to order something?

Dillon: I just need to use a phone. My cellular plan doesn’t cover out of decade calls. By the way, what year is it?

Lester: Its 1994.

Dillon: 1994?

Lester: Yeah, I’m still writing 1993 on my checks.

[Dillon walks to a payphone and looks up Billy’s 1994 phone number in the phonebook.]

Dillon: Same as 2004.

[Dillon dials Billy.]

Operator: Please insert 10 more cents.

[Dillon puts a dime in the slot.]

Operator: Please insert 10 more cents.

[Dillon puts another dime in the slot.]

Operator: Please insert 10 more cents.

[Dillon puts another dime in the slot and it goes through.]

Dillon: Great!

Operator: At the sound of the tone, it will be exactly 12:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

Dillon: Argh!

[Dillon hits the phone and it breaks.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets! I’ve only been in the 90’s for 10 minutes and already I broke something.

Lester: Did you break my baby? I love that phone.

Dillon: It was the clerk at Montgomery Ward.

Lester: Of course. I’ve always known he couldn’t be trusted.

Dillon: I’m thirsty.

[Dillon walks up to the counter.]

Dillon: I’ll have a Mountain Dew Code Red.

Lester: I can give you a Mountain Dew but what the heck is a Code Red?

Dillon: Just give me a Pepsi.

Lester: Alright.

[Lester hands Dillon a Pepsi. Biff runs in.]

Biff: Hey Lester!

Lester: Hey Biff!

Dillon: Biff?

Biff: That’s my name, don’t burn it out.

Dillon: That’s “wear it out”.

[Biff grabs Dillon by his shirt.]

Biff: Listen here… What’s your name?

Dillon: Dillon Jones.

Biff: Listen here Jones, no one corrects me. I do not want to see you here again, or you’ll regret it.

[Biff lets go and Dillon falls. Biff leaves.]

Dillon: Uh, here’s $5.00.

[Dillon hands Lester $5.00.]

Lester: Have a nice day.

[Dillon walks away.]

Lester: Series 2003? I’ll get that coward.

[We see Dillon pushing the delorean back behind a tree behind the mall.]

Dillon: I’ve got to get Billy.

[We see Dillon at Billy’s front door. Dillon rings the doorbell.]

Dillon: Come on.

[Dillon turns around and Billy peeps out the door. Billy goes back in and Dillon rings the doorbell again.]

Dillon: Please answer.

[Billy pulls Dillon into the house.]

Billy: Who are you?

Dillon: You don’t know me yet, but I’m Dillon Jones. I came here in a time machine that you invented. I need your help to get me back to the year 2004.

Billy: And pigs can fly.

Dillon: Seriously. Okay, Pendle Hill Friends School.

Billy: What’s a Pendle Hill?

Dillon: Look at my driver’s license. It expires in 2007!

Billy: You must know a pretty good fake ID maker.

Dillon: Dale Earnhardt was killed in 2001.

Billy: Dale Earnhardt? Dead? That will happen when I sell you beachfront property in Nevada.

Dillon: Try me.

Billy: Alright, who’s President of the United States in 2004?

Dillon: George Bush.

Billy: George Bush, again? Who’s Vice President? Ronald Reagan?

[Dillon chases Billy out of the house.]

Billy: I suppose Richard Nixon is the Secretary of State.

Dillon: Okay, you were hanging a picture, fell, bumped your head on your counter, and that’s how you came up with the flux capacitor. That’s what makes time travel possible.

Billy: Uhgh?!

Dillon: Come.

[We see Billy and Dillon at the delorean.]

Dillon: Something’s wrong with the starter.

[Dillon opens the door and puts the flux capacitor into test mode. It starts glowing.]

Billy: Wowa! Let’s get this car back to my house. We’ve got to get you home!

[We see Billy going through 2004 Billy’s things.]

Billy: Wow.

[Billy pulls out a laptop.]

Billy: What the heck is this thing?

Dillon: A portable computer. They have bigger ones that stay up on the desk.

Billy: What’s Windows XP?

[Billy pulls out a DVD.]

Billy: Huh?

Dillon: DVD.

Billy: What’s that?

Dillon: A video on a disc.

Billy: Don’t you have video tapes in 2004?

Dillon: We do.

[Billy pulls out a bumper sticker that says “I am a Roadgeek”.]

Billy: Roadgeek? What’s a Roadgeek? Is that an unusual body function?

Dillon: Someone who likes roads.

Billy: Incredible.

Dillon: I got the camera set up.

Billy: Look at this thing. These video cameras have gotten smaller in 10 years.

Dillon: Normal to me.

[Dillon hits play.]

Billy (On Video): No this sucker’s electrical. But I needed a frozen substance to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Billy: Rewind it and turn the volume up.

[Dillon rewinds the tape and turns up the volume.]

Billy (On Video): No this sucker’s electrical. But I needed a frozen substance to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Billy: 1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 gigawatts?! Ah!

Dillon: What’s wrong?

Billy: I can’t generate that much power. Sorry Dillon, but I’m afraid you’re stuck here.

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Billy: Wait a minute. Is there going to be any snow anytime soon?

Dillon: Yes.

[Dillon hands the newspaper 2004 Billy gave him.]

Billy: That’s it! Yes! We can do it! It says here that lightning will strike Carolina Circle Mall’s entrance next Saturday night at exactly 8:43 PM! If we can figure out a way to channel it into the flux capacitor, it just might work. Next Saturday night, we’re sending you back to the future!

Dillon: Great! I can hang out at Carolina Circle Mall until next Saturday! Except that diner, I paid with a dollar from my time.

Billy: Cool.

[The doorbell rings.]

Billy: Come in!

[Lester walks in.]

Lester: You! See this dollar?

Dillon: Yeah.

Lester: This says “Series 2003”! With my love of money, you have made me very angry!

Dillon: Just what can you do?

Lester: There are three things I’m going to kill. You, you’re friend over there, and Terrorlina Circle Mall! I have a friend who’s going to help me. His name is Strong TheMan. But his real name is Biff Tannen. So if you go back to the mall, you’ll regret it.

[Lester walks out.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Billy: Oh no! You’ve changed the future! This new timeline is creating two bad events. One, this guy named Lester is so devoted to putting you in jail that he’ll destroy this great mall. Two, if you end up in jail you’ll never get back to 2004 and your entire future will be erased from existence!

Dillon: Biff is going to get me too.

Billy: Biff who?

Dillon: My ex-boss. He fired me yesterday.

Billy: Stay away from him.

Dillon: Okay.

Billy: Hey, it’s 3:30! Do you know what this means?

Dillon: Snack time?

[Dillon pulls a fork, spoon, and a knife out of his pocket.]

Dillon: I always keep these babies in my pocket just incase.

Billy: It’s not dinner time; it’s Family Double Dare time!

Dillon: Huh?

[Billy puts the TV on channel 24 and Family Double Dare comes on.]

Dillon: I’ve heard of that show. It was a big hit.

Billy: That Marc Summers is a hoot.

Monday July 11, 1994

[We see Dillon walking into Monk’s Diner. The Sign by Ace of Base is playing on the jukebox. David walks up to the counter to a clerk named Henry Parkston.]

Dillon: Is Lester Higgins working here today?

Henry: He’s taking the payphone to Wesley Long Hospital and won’t be back until 2:00.

Dillon: What time is it?

Henry: 1:00.

Dillon: Good. I’ll have a milkshake. Strawberry.

[A milkshake slides down the counter to Dillon and he starts drinking it. Biff walks in.]

Biff: Hey Jones! I thought I told you to never come in here!

Dillon: No crazy person tells me what to do.

Biff: That’s it!

[Biff chases Dillon out of the mall.]

Dillon: Kid! Stop!

Boy: Hey!

Dillon: I need to borrow your skateboard.

[Dillon grabs the skateboard and skates toward the mall. Biff pulls up behind him on a motorcycle.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

[They speed into the mall.]

Biff: Speed up you infernal contraption!

[Biff puts his motorcycle into full power.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

[Dillon grabs onto the carousel and goes around 5 times. Dillon leaves the carousel, Dillon jumps off the skateboard, the skateboard goes under the gate, and Dillon lands back on going at a high speed.]

Biff: I’ll chase him into No Man’s Land.

[Biff chases Dillon into the women’s restroom.]

Women: Ah!

Dillon: Sorry. I thought this was the men’s restroom.

[Dillon skates out of the restroom and Biff chases him into Belk.]

Biff: I may be causing harmful gas to be going through the mall, but it’s worth it.

[They ride out of the mall and Dillon spots a police car.]

Dillon: Good.

[Dillon jumps off of his skateboard.]

Biff: Cops!

[Biff collides with the police car.]

Dillon: Time to get that CD.

[Billy walks up.]

Billy: I see you had an adventure.

Dillon: Yes.

[We see Billy and Dillon walking out of Camelot Music with a CD.]

Billy: This should work.

[Lester walks up.]

Lester: You!

Dillon: Who!

Lester: This CD should cover the Pepsi.

Dillon: No.

Lester: No?

[Lester pulls out a bomb.]

Lester: I said I would destroy this mall if I had to. I guess I will.

Billy: Ah!

Dillon: Billy catch!

[Dillon throws the CD to Billy and Billy catches it. Dillon kicks Lester in the groin.]

Lester (High Pitch): Ahhhhhhhhhhhohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dillon: Yes!

[Dillon grabs the bomb and disposes it.]

Billy: Dillon, hurry!

[Billy and Dillon run out of the mall.]

Billy: The mall is safe for now.

[We see Billy and Dillon eating TV dinners and watching “What Would You Do?”.]

Dillon: Tough pizza, but still good.

Billy: This is one of my favorites. So what do you think of 1994?

Dillon: I kind of miss the internet, but this year is fun!

Billy: Didn’t you say you like Elvis?

Dillon: Yeah. I’m an Elvisgeek?

Billy: Is that another one of those unusual body functions?

David: No. I like Elvis just like you in the future likes roads. You see there are Elvisgeeks, foodgeeks, cheesegeeks, roadgeeks, televisiongeeks, and videogeeks.

Billy: Those are a lot of body functions! See kids, the human body can be fun!

[An Easy Bake Oven commercial comes on the TV.]

Dillon: Those girls! Their hair is so frizzy and curly!

Billy: That’s the latest style for girls.

Dillon: They don’t show Easy Bake Oven commercials a lot anymore.

Billy: Just call this “Time Shock”. It’s natural for people who go to another period in time their not used to.

Dillon: True.

[A Baby All Gone commercial comes on.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Billy: Yeah those Baby All Gones costs about $35.00. I know that and I’m not even a girl!

Dillon: In 2004, you can get one of those off of E-bay for about $10.00.

Billy: I’ve heard of the San Francisco Bay, but the E-bay?

[Megan walks in.]

Megan: Hey Billy.

Billy: Hey Megan.

Dillon: Megan?

Billy: This is my friend, Dillon.

Megan: Hey Dillon.

Billy: What’s that thing you’ve got?

Megan: This is one of those portable computers. It’s amazing that they can make a computer so small that it can fit in your lap. It even has that thing called Windows.

Billy: Wowa! This thing is neat!

Dillon: Does it have a CD Burner and a DVD Rom?

Megan: Who would want to burn a CD and what’s a DVD?

Billy: He has an overactive imagination.

Megan: Do you want to borrow it? I need it back before Sunday.

Billy: I don’t know. I don’t think I’m ready to use a computer yet.

Megan: Billy, this is the 90’s. People all over the world are starting to use them.

Billy: I guess I can take a look at it. This should be an interesting experience.

Dillon: But his future self’s portable computer is interesting because it has a CD Burner and a DVD Rom!

Billy: Like I said overactive imagination.

Megan: Let me show you how it works.

[Megan boots it up and MS-DOS appears.]

Megan: You type in “win”.

[Megan types in “win”.]

Megan: And here’s Microsoft Windows 3.1!

Dillon: Why isn’t it in color? Billy’s future self’s laptop is in color.

Billy: Enough with your overactive imagination!

[We see Dillon on the sofa trying to sleep.]

David: Almost asleep.

[Dillon has a spasm.]

Dillon: Ah yes, the old “seconds away from blissful slumber body spasm”. Let’s just face it. I can’t sleep because I miss 21st century.

[We see Dillon getting in the delorean and using 2004 Billy’s laptop. The music playing on the laptop is The Art of Losing by American Hi-Fi.]

Dillon: My little piece of the future.

[We see Billy asleep.]

Billy: Sure Garfield, I’ll fix you some lasagna.

[Billy wakes up.]

Billy: Ah!

[Billy walks outside and notices Dillon in the delorean using the laptop.]

Billy: What are you doing Dillon?

Dillon: I’m homesick.

Billy: Oh, but what is this music?

Dillon: It’s by American Hi-Fi. It’s your future girlfriend Jess’s favorite 2000’s band.

Billy: It sounds more like a dying walrus with laryngitis.

Dillon: Don’t worry Billy. You’ll be fond of this music before you know it.

Billy: Well right now I’m fonder of UB40 and Ace of Base.

[Dillon changes the song to Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley.]

Billy: Oh yeah, you’re an Elvisgeek.

Dillon: Want me to show you Bonzi?

Billy: What’s a Bonzi?

Dillon: It’s a computer character.

[Dillon opens up Bonzi.]

Bonzi: Good evening Billy. Today is Monday, July 11. Looks like a great day!

Billy: Cool!

Wednesday July 13, 1994

[We see Billy and Dillon walking into Carolina Circle Mall.]

Billy: You’ll like this Dillon. It’s Piccadilly Cafeteria!

[We see Billy and Dillon in Piccadilly Cafeteria.]

Billy: I have this uneasy feeling that Biff and Lester are still after us.

[Billy grabs some gelatin.]

Dillon: Why’s that?

Billy: We kind of made Lester mad Monday and he’s probably told Biff.

[Billy grabs some fried chicken.]

Dillon: I kicked Lester in his groin so hard he’s probably afraid of me now.

Billy: Yeah, but we better keep our eyes open.

[Billy grabs some roast beef and so does Dillon.]

Dillon: So, any advice on being in the 90’s?

Billy: If you criticize Ace of Base, you’ll regret it.

[Billy grabs 10 packs of saltines.]

Dillon: If you criticize Creed in the 2000’s, you’ll regret it as well.

[Billy and Dillon grab some country style steak.]

Billy: Will this line move?

[Billy grabs 5 bowls of green beans.]

Dillon: You going to eat all of that?

Billy: If you don’t have breakfast, you make up for it at lunch.

[Billy grabs 12 bowls of broccoli and cheese.]

Dillon: Okay.

Billy: Yep, the 90’s are rocking.

[Billy grabs 15 bowls of fried okra and Dillon grabs one bowl.]

Dillon: Want some pie?

Billy: Sure.

[Billy grabs 3 pieces of cherry pie and Dillon grabs one piece.]

Dillon: Okay, that should be enough.

[We see Billy and Dillon at a table eating.]

Billy: If our plan works on Lester tonight, we’ll still need to get Biff.

Dillon: How?

Billy: Every Saturday night, Biff goes to see a movie at the theater at the Carolina Circle Six. What we’re going to do is tie a brick to the ceiling and when Biff walks out, the alarm clock will go off which will set off the wire cutters, and Biff we’ll be dazed and confused for days.

[We see Biff and Lester sitting at another table.]

Lester: Look at them. They’re going to pay Piccadilly with fake money! Their high criminal ways will be their downfall!

Biff: They made me experience fine paying.

Lester: They made me experience having a soprano voice.

Biff: When they leave, we’ll make them pay fines and experience soprano.

Billy: So, did you like it?

Dillon: Yeah.

Billy: Let’s go.

Lester: You!

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Lester: Argh!

[Biff and Lester throw a table at Billy and Dillon but miss.]

Billy: Ah!

[We see a man eating his lunch.]

Man (Loudly): Where’s the service in this joint?

[The table hits the man.]

Man: Okay, I won’t get mad at this place again.

Dillon: Let’s get out of here!

[Baby come Back (Track 5) by UB40 plays during the chase. Biff and Lester chase Billy and Dillon out of Piccadilly.

Billy: We’ll lose them at the carousel!

[Billy and Dillon run up to the food court and get on the carousel.]

Billy: Put this thing on full power!

[Biff and Lester get on.]

Biff: We’ll catch them on this rotating horse simulator!

[We see Billy and Dillon on one horse and Biff and Lester on the one behind them.]

Biff: Follow that horse! Go horse go! Get them! Mush! Wake up! Where’s the gas station?

Lester: We aren’t going to catch them like this!

Biff: Right.

[Biff and Lester get off the horse.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Billy: Ah!

[Biff and Lester chase Billy and Dillon around the carousel in the wrong direction.]

Dillon: Uh, guys, we’re not going anywhere.

Biff: Oops!

[They turn around and the chase resumes.]

Billy: I’ll trip them and you get off and wait for me!

Dillon: Okay!

[Dillon runs off and Billy trips Biff and Lester.]

Biff and Lester: Ah!

[Biff and Lester fall and faint.]

Billy: Yes!

[Billy gets off of the carousel and walks over to Dillon.]

Billy: Come, let’s get ready for tonight.

[Megan walks up.]

Megan: Hey Billy!

Billy: Hey Megan!

Megan: This clerk at Montgomery Ward is running around the mall like it’s the end of the world.

[The clerk Fred Hollinger runs past with bruises and cuts.]

Fred: You’ll be hearing from my lawyer soon!

Lester: I’m destroying this mall for two reasons. One, Fred broke my baby, and two; you paid me with bad money!

Megan: I thought those guys fainted.

Biff: That’s a stunt Biff, and that’s a stunt Lester.

Stunt Lester: You owe us $10.00.

Stunt Biff: Hey kids, this mall has survived for about 18 years.

Dillon: That’s nice Biff Two. That’s very helpful advice for going out in the big world.

Stunt Biff: Carolina Circle Mall; Born: August 4, 1976, Died: July 13, 1994.

Megan: Look!

[Lester and Biff are rolling bowling balls down the food court. Most balls knock people over.]

Person: My leg!

[Lester notices a payphone at Chick Filet.]

Lester: It’s my baby’s twin brother. I’ll adopt him and call him Southern Belly.

Dillon: Lester, you need professional help.

[It’s 2:45 AM when we see Dillon in a spaceman costume in Lester’s bedroom. Dillon puts the heavy metal CD into his stereo. The music plays loudly and Lester wakes up.]

Lester: I’m sorry I canceled America’s Funniest Home Videos, Bob Saget!

Dillon (With Spaceman Voice): Silence earthling!

Lester: Who are you?

Dillon (With Spaceman Voice): I am Bobzillian Duncan from the planet Leptar! But my friends call me Bob.

Lester: Where’s your spaceship?

Dillon (With Spaceman Voice): This is it!

[Dillon shows Lester a picture of the delorean.]

Lester: Oh.

Dillon (With Spaceman Voice): This Saturday a person named Dillon Jones gave you a $5 bill from the year 2003 AD at an eating establishment at a place called Alpha Delta Sector 993,265.45. Or as you earthlings call, Carolina Circle Mall. He meant no harm. It’s just money. It’s not like your life depends on that green paper.

Lester: I understand. My son died because he bet his life for $50,000.

Dillon (With Spaceman Voice): Return to your slumber.

Lester: And I’m sorry for beating Fred Hollinger and I understand that my baby is in a better place.

[Dillon walks out the door.]

Billy: How did it go?

Dillon: Perfectly.

Friday July 15, 1994

[We see Billy and Dillon on the GTA Bus on Sixteenth Street.]

Billy: I hope you enjoyed that quick trip to the Harris-Teeter.

Dillon: Wasn’t much. That exact same Harris-Teeter is in 2004.

Billy: Oh.

Bus Driver: We are now approaching beautiful Carolina Circle Mall where you can find the only Montgomery Ward in the Piedmont Triad.

Billy: Now to get Operation Tannen underway.

[We see Billy and Dillon at the main entrance of the Carolina Circle Six Cinema.]

Dillon: Are you sure this is legal?

Billy: In some states. Luckily it’s legal in North Carolina.

Dillon: Good.

Billy: Please Dillon, be careful with the brick. It’s a delicate import from Ireland.

Dillon: Okay.

[They start working.]


Saturday July 16, 1994

[We see Billy and Dillon looking at a map.]

Dillon: Why are we looking at a map of the Carolina Circle Mall parking lot?

Billy: I’m showing you my plan for sending you home.

Dillon: Oh.

Billy: Tonight, I’m going to put a wire down from the main entrance arch down to a parallel light post. I have equipped the delorean with a hook that will send the electricity into the flux capacitor. At exactly 8:38 PM, you’ll drive the time machine down to Belk and at exactly 8:41 PM, you’ll hit the gas, and the hook will make contact with the wire at exactly 8:43 PM sending you back to 2004.

Dillon: Oh yeah, I need to tell you about something that will happen to you on the night I’m sent back to 1994.

Billy: Ha pup pup! It’s not good to tell anyone about their future.

Dillon: Oh.

[It’s 5:25 PM when we see Billy and Dillon watching TV.]

Billy: I sure do hope that newspaper is right about the storm. If not, prepare to grow a taste to UB40.

[Dillon starts singing Love me Tender by Elvis Presley.]

Billy: What are you singing?

Dillon: Love Me Tender. It’s an Elvis song and movie.

Billy: Hey it’s 5:30!

Dillon: Snack time again?

[Dillon pulls a fork, spoon, and a knife out of his pocket.]

Billy: Don’t those things hurt you when you sit down?

Dillon: Sometimes.

Billy: It’s GUTS time!

Dillon: Billy, I’m not eating that for a snack.

Billy: Nickelodeon GUTS!

[Billy puts the TV on channel 24.]

Billy: I might like Family Double Dare, but this show is the best show since the Andy Griffith Show!

[We see Dillon at the Carolina Circle Mall food court writing a letter.]

Dillon: Dear Billy,
On the night I go back in time, you’ll be shot by terrorists.
Please take any precautions necessary to prevent this terrible disaster.

You’re friend,
Dillon

[Dillon seals the letter and writes on the envelope “Do Not Open Until 2004”.]

Dillon (Loudly): This better work!

[Fred Hollinger walks up.]

Fred: Tic-Tak?

[We see Billy and Dillon at the main entrance of Carolina Circle Mall.]

DJ: Tonight’s forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies with a slight chance for thunderstorms.

Billy: Well I guess this it. I’ve actually looked forward to this. I want to see this time machine do its work.

Dillon: Aren’t we forgetting Operation Tannen?

Billy: Oh yeah! Dillon, you go in the mall and get ready there and I’ll make some final adjustments here.

Dillon: Okay.

[We see Dillon outside of the Carolina Circle Six Cinema waiting for Biff.]

Dillon: Hurry up Biff! It’s already 8:15!

[Megan walks up.]

Megan: Where’s Billy?

Dillon: He’s over at the main entrance.

Megan: What are you doing?

Dillon: Waiting for Biff.

Megan: I need that laptop back.

Dillon: You can borrow Billy’s future laptop and give it back to him in the future. It has Windows XP! It’s more powerful than your ancient metal pile!

Megan: You need to work on that imagination.

[Megan starts to walk away.]

Dillon: There’s a brick up there that will knock the wind out of Biff at exactly 8:18 PM.

Megan: Really?

[Megan pulls out a box of popcorn.]

Dillon: Get ready for what might be the #1 show of 1994.

[Biff walks out.]

Biff: Kids, within 10 years there might be a more convenient Microsoft Windows.

[Biff walks away.]

Megan: I guess the show has been preempted.

[The alarm goes off and the brick falls.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Megan: What are we going to do?

Dillon: One thing to do.

[Dillon runs up to Biff.]

Dillon: Look, Elvis!

Biff: Where?

[Biff turns his head and Dillon punches Biff.]

Biff (Slowly): Blue suede shoes.

[Biff passes out.]

Dillon: See you later.

Megan: When?

Dillon: I’m moving to Washington State tomorrow and I won’t be back until 2004.

Megan: But you should stay in Greensboro. You could get a job over at Rice Toyota. Those 1995 Corolla’s look like they could sell well.

Dillon: It’s time I should go on. I’m going to miss you, Billy, Carolina Circle Mall, Lester’s phoneless attitude, and Biff’s Elvisness.

[Dillon starts to cry. You Mean the World to Me by Toni Braxton plays.]

Dillon: I’m really going to miss you.

[Dillon hugs Megan.]

Megan: I’ll see you whenever.

Dillon: We’ll carry on after I get back here.

Megan: Yeah, in 2004 we can go to Carolina Circle Mall and hang out here all day.

Dillon (To Himself): If only.

[We see Billy at outside of Carolina Circle Mall waiting for Dillon. Billy looks at his watch.]

Billy: Darn.

[Billy looks at his watch again.]

Billy: Darn.

[Billy looks at his watch again.]

Billy: Darn darn.

[Dillon runs up to Billy.]

Billy: What took you so long?

David: I had to change clothes. I can’t go back looking like I’ve been to a UB40 concert.

Billy: How’s Biff?

Dillon: The brick plan failed but I nailed him in one punch.

[Billy pauses and becomes worried.]

Dillon: Is there something wrong?

Billy: No. Let’s set your destination time!

[Billy sits down in the delorean.]

Billy: This is the exact time you left.

[Billy points at the “Last Time Departed” display. It says “June 12, 2004, 12:48 AM.”]

Billy: I’ll send you back to the exact same time. It will be like you never left.

[Billy inputs June 12, 2004, 12:48 AM into the time circuit keypad.]

Billy: When this timer goes off, you hit the gas!

[Billy sets the timer for 3 minutes and puts on the dashboard.]

Billy: Don’t worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at exactly 88 mph. everything will be fine. Say hello to that roadgeek I am in 2004.

Dillon: Sure.

Billy: By the way, give my future self this t-shirt I made for him.

[Billy hands Dillon the t-shirt.]

Dillon: “My friend went to 1994 and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.”?

Billy: Just think of it as a souvenir.

Dillon: Okay.

Billy: Well, I’ll see you in 10 years.

[Billy and Dillon hug. Ordinary World (Track 7) by Duran Duran is playing.]

Billy: I’ll miss you.

Dillon: See you in about 10 minutes.

Billy: 10 years for me.

Billy: Remember Dillon, your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, a great one.

Dillon: Thanks for the advice. Oh, and here’s a little farewell card.

Billy: “To my best friend in 1994. You have made my stay in 1994 comfortable. I had a good time. PS, On the night I go back…” Hey! This is information about the future! I can’t accept the responsibility!

[Billy tears the card up.]

Dillon: I’ll tell you straight out!

Billy: No!

[Billy covers his ears.]

Dillon: Uncover those ears!

[The wind blows and unhooks the wire from the arch.]

Billy: Ma haw haw!

Dillon: Jiminy crickets!

Billy: Just go! I’ve got it!

[Dillon drives off to Belk. He gets out, puts the hook in a hole, and gets back in the delorean.]

Dillon: Darn it Billy, why did you have to tear up that card. If only I had more time. Time that’s it! I’ll just go back early and warn him.

[Dillon inputs June 12, 2004, 12:40 AM into the time circuit keypad.]

Dillon: Time circuits on, flux capacitor fluxing, engine running, and my foot on the gas!

[The delorean breaks down and a blue screen comes up on the monitor.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets, not now!

[We see Billy on top of the arch.]

Billy: Whoa!

[We see Dillon trying to start the delorean.]

Dillon: Come on, come on!

[The timer goes off.]

Dillon: Argh!

[Dillon hits his head on the steering wheel and the delorean starts.]

Dillon: Yes!

[Dillon hits the gas and the delorean peals away. Cut to Billy working on the wire.]

Billy: Almost got it!

[Billy slips.]

Billy: Ah!

[Billy catches himself. Cut to Dillon in the delorean. The camera zooms into the destination time panel. It says “June 12, 2004, 12:40 AM.]

[Cut to Billy still hanging on the gutter. Billy slides down.]

Billy: Whoa, wah wah!

[The delorean hits 88 mph; the hook hits the platform, and disappears into 2004.]

Billy: Yes! Dillon went back to the future and I saw a great light show.

Saturday June 12, 2004

[We see the abandoned Carolina Circle Mall where homeless Lester is asleep. The delorean reappears and runs into the former Dillard’s. It’s Gonna Be Me (Track 10) by N’Sync is playing on Lester’s radio.]

Lester: Crazy drunk driver.

[The delorean backs up and Dillon gets out.]

Dillon: Everything looks great!

[Dillon looks at the present time display in the delorean and it says 12:40 AM.]

Dillon: 12:40, I’ve still got time.

Lester: It’s you!

[Lester faints.]

Dillon: Lester?

[The Arabs drive by.]

Dillon: Arabs.

[Dillon runs over to the other side of Carolina Circle Mall.]

Arab: Billy Coore you bag of American garbage! You stole our snow! For that, you die!

Billy: Don’t shoot! I haven’t used those Burger King coupons yet!

Past Dillon: Billy didn’t steal your snow.

Arab: Bye, bye!

[The Arab shoots Billy.]

Past Dillon: No! @#$%^&*!

[Past Dillon drives off in the delorean and the Arabs chase him. The delorean disappears into 1994.]

Arabs: Ah!

[The van spins out of control and hits the mall.]

Dillon: Billy!

[Dillon runs over to Billy but he’s out cold.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets! No!

[Billy gets up.]

Billy: Hey Dillon.

Dillon: You’re alive?

Billy: Yes.

Dillon: How did you know?

[Billy pulls up his shirt and he is wearing a bulletproof vest.]

Dillon: Bulletproof vest?

[Billy shows Dillon a taped card.]

Dillon: You changed your mind great!

[Billy hugs Dillon.]

Reddy: Beautiful isn’t it?

[Biff is crying.]

Reddy: You’re crying so it is.

Biff: No. My plan backfired.

[We see the delorean pulling into Dillon’s driveway.]

Dillon: So are you still going to 2024?

Billy: Yes.

Dillon: Look me up when you get there.

Billy: Sure.

Dillon: Bye Scout.

[The delorean pulls out and disappears into 2024.]

Dillon: I need bed rest.

[Its 9:00 AM when Dillon wakes up to his phone ringing.]

Dillon: Hello?

Biff: Dillon, do you want me to come to work today?

Dillon: You fired me.

Biff: Are you okay? You disappeared about 10 years ago and came back to North Carolina from Washington State in 1999 and opened Jiminy Crickets Record Store.

Dillon: The brick. Don’t worry. It’s Saturday, take the day off.

Biff: Thanks.

[Dillon walks outside.]

Dillon: I wonder what happened to Billy.

[Dillon notices the Super Griller in the front yard.]

Dillon: Jiminy crickets! The Super Griller!

[Michael walks up.]

Michael: Getting ready for the 2004 Jiminy Crickets Record Store Picnic this evening?

Dillon: Michael?

Michael: What’s wrong? Why do you have the look? You’re scaring me.

Dillon: That’s because Mr. Holmes next door put in a new sprinkler? Let’s go with that.

Michael: Well you look like you haven’t seen me in a week.

Dillon: I haven’t.

[The delorean appears and it pulls into the driveway.]

Michael: Cheeseman from Outer Space is visiting!

[Billy gets out.]

Billy: You’ve got to come back with me.

Dillon: Where?

Billy: Back to the future!

[Billy puts some trash in the Mr. Fusion that has replaced the snow chamber.]

Dillon: Why?

Billy: Your kids, something’s got to be done about your kids! And it’s not spanking!

[The delorean pulls out of the driveway.]

Dillon: You better back up; the road’s not long enough to hit 88.

Billy: Not with this modification.

[The delorean lifts off the ground and flies away into 2024. To be continued.]

No comments: