Saturday, April 14, 2007

New Painter Blvd. Signs

I was riding down Painter Boulevard today (I-85 Bypass Portion), and I spotted two new signs at the big interchange at the bypass end in SW Greensboro. I had my camera with me to share these with everyone. Both sign are northbound.
You sort of have to zoom in to this one, but this is a sign on a ramp under construction running from I believe the future section of the Interstate 40 Bypass. I'll help you out here with what the sign says. "Exit 122: US-220 South Asheboro Exit Only".








This is a little better. As you can see, the arrows are missing from the US-220 exit sign and the Interstate shields are missing from the "Durham Raleigh" sign. Obviously, the missing Interstate shields are Interstate 40 and Interstate 85.



We are now getting to the interesting part of construction. Once they start putting up some signs, that means lots of progress. They're still saying the next section of the loop will open in 2007, but I sort of have my doubts.

No comments: