Sunday, October 07, 2007

Great Progress on Painter Boulevard

I must say that the current segment of the Greensboro Urban Loop that is under construction is making pretty great progress.

What I've seen so far recently:

  • Concrete and pavement have seemed to have been laid out.
  • Sign posts have been put up and even a couple of signs.
  • You can now make out the on/off-ramps.
What still needs to be done:

  • More road signs need to be put up.
  • Lines need to be painted.
  • Medians need to be installed.
Now please bare with me on these observances. I've mainly seen the interchange at Interstate 40 in-between Exits 211 & 213 so those observances are greatly localized to that one area.

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised to see this road open in November.

If you would like to see some great recent pictures of the construction, Robert Malme has some great pictures on his website here.

No comments: