Friday, December 14, 2007

New Section of Greensboro Loop to Open Tuesday

Well, it's been since February 2004 that the last segment of the Greensboro Urban Loop opened. Well, the next wait is about over.

According to WFMY News 2, a three mile segment of the loop from Interstate 40 to Bryan Boulevard near PTI Airport will open Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

I doubt you will be seeing signs for it, but this segment will be a part of the future Interstate 840 and if all goes well, it may even be a part of the future Interstate 73.

The exciting part, the segment from Interstate 40 to the current end near Grandover Resort won't open until early 2008.

Coincidentally on August 4, 1976, Carolina Circle Mall opened at 10:00 AM as well. Coincidence? I think not! I apologize for my really bad comedy.

You can read more about this here. I'm planning to take a ride on it Tuesday afternoon and I will take plenty of pictures and post them here at Road City.

No comments: