Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Section of Urban Loop to Open Tomorrow!

Well it's about time!

Tomorrow, the next section of the Greensboro Urban Loop, from Interstate 40 near the airport to Interstate 85 in SW Greensboro will open. This will be exactly 4 years after the Interstate 85 bypass section opened.

Again folks, I can not stress this enough. Interstate 40 will be moved onto the new section of the loop, including the 2004 Interstate 85 section. The old section of Interstate 40 will be renamed Business 40.

This also means that Death Valley will no longer have an Interstate other than an Interstate business route. I just hope the DOT doesn't wait 6 months to replace the old exit number signs and shields on the old Interstate 40.

I will try my best to take a ride on it tomorrow afternoon and take pictures. Tomorrow might not be the best day for me because I may have other plans to tend to.

Read more here.

No comments: