Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pictures from Opening Day


I took a ride on the new Interstate 40 section in Greensboro today.

The road was really nice, even though the only real exit on it is the Wendover Avenue picture above. I'm not sure when that new High Point Road interchange will open.

Also, Interstate 73 was mentioned a few times as well.

On the older 2004 Interstate 85 part, Interstate 40 is now signed on it as well, although I noticed the signs on the interchanges still showed Interstate 40 as "To Interstate 40".

You can take a look at the pictures here.

1 comment:

Livemalls said...

I rode on the new section tonight in both directions. I was very impressed with the transitions except for how it connects to the section of US 220 headed to Asheboro.

Seems like there should be a way to go both east and west where the road intersects with Business 85 and I-40/85, or at least some more effective signage to explain what's going on.